This dish has been created by Lily Ramirez-Foran for the Theatre of Food at the Electric Picnic 2015 with ingredients from Ardkeen Quality Foodstore.
It dish can be made a couple of hours ahead and kept refrigerated until serving. Assembling the tostadas should only be done when you’re about to serve them or else the tostadas will go soggy if left sitting with the wet topping for too long.
- 200 grams of cooked crabmeat, shredded finely
- 3 ripe avocados
- 3 scallions, finely chopped
- 4 yellow cherry tomatoes, finely diced
- 3 pickled jalapeno chilies, finely diced (Picado will supply)
- 2-3 tablespoons of pickled juice from the jalapenos
- 3 tablespoons crème fraiche
- 8 corn tostadas (see separate recipe)
- Handful of fresh rocket
- Handful of pomegranate seeds
Mash the avocados in a medium-size bowl.
Add the shredded crabmeat, the scallions, the yellow cherry tomatoes, the pickled jalapenos and the pickled juice, the crème fraiche and mix till it’s all incorporated.
Serve a generous spoonful of this salad on a tostada and spread them towards the edges.
Top each tostada with a few rocket leaves and some pomegranate seeds.