- Two free-range chicken thighs per person
- Chimac Korean Hot Sauce
- Sushi rice
- Frozen edamame (you could swap in other fresh green veg depending on what you're feeling)
- Toasted sesame seeds
- Spring onion
- Chop the fat caps off the chicken thigh
- Pour on Korean Hot Sauce - you want to coat the chicken so add as much as you'll need depending on how many you're feeding. Massage the chicken gently to ensure it's properly covered
- Let the chicken marinade for minimum three hours in the fridge - you can leave it in overnight either
- When you're ready to go, cook the sushi rice (we recommend 1:1.5 rice to water) and the edamame as per package instructions. Chop the spring onion finely and light the BBQ.
- When the BBQ is nice and hot, pop the thighs directly onto the grill. Don't overcrowd the BBQ, cooking chicken in batches if necessary.
- Turn the chicken between 5 - 8 minutes depending on how hot your BBQ is. You'll want it to be slightly charred but not burnt.
- Allow to cook for another 5 mins on the other side and then check if it is cooked. Either cut into the meat or use a probe to check (it should be 78 degrees or above)
- Let the chicken rest for five mins and garnish with sesame seeds and spring onion.
- Get the bowls ready - layer rice and add chicken, edamame and any other tasty bits you've got at home!