The definition of ‘mezze’ is small plates for sharing. Make up a mezze platter for your next party or lunch. Make up the veg and change the dip/cheese/meat/or bread for a different mezze platter for lunch every day!
- Mezze Matbukha or Mezze Baba Ganoush or Mezze Labneh or Mezze Hummus Masabkha
- 1 red onion, cut into thick slices
- 2 bell peppers, cut into wide strips
- 2 courgettes, cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch thick slices
- 1 aubergine, trimmed and cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch thick slices
- 2 tbsp olive/rapeseed oil
- Handful of cherry tomatoes
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 tsp of sumac/paprika
- Cheeses such as feta or mozzarella balls
- Prosciutto di parma or other quality cured meat
- Lavosh flatbreads/fresh bread
1. Prepare the vegetables by tossing the onion, peppers, courgettes, aubergine and cherry tomatoes in oil, salt and pepper and roasting in the oven on 180 ° C for about 20 minutes until golden brown. Sprinkle with 1 tsp of sumac/paprika before serving.
2. Place Mezze dips into bowls place on a large platter and assemble the remaining ingredients around them. Alternatively arrange ingredients into small dishes. You can cover and refrigerate platter (without the bread and crackers) and take it out twenty minutes before serving.