Packed full of unrefined wholefood ingredients, this salad has great texture and depth of flavour.
Serves 4 | 40 mins prep
- 250g brown rice
- 3 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 red pepper, cored, seeded and chopped
- 50g raisins
- 50g cashew nuts, roasted and chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 6 table spoons Soy sauce dressing
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 100ml olive or rapeseed oil
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 1 cm piece root ginger, finely chopped
- Salt & Pepper
1. Use 1 cup of rice to 2 cups of cold water.
2.Add 1/2 teaspoon salt to the water and cover with the lid and place on the hob.
3. When the water boils, reduce to a simmer for 25 minutes. Check what level the water is and monitor until you can see that all the water has been absorbed.
4.Remove from the heat. Do not stir. Allow to cool.
5. Place in a bowl and add the remaining ingredients
Soy sauce dressing:
1.Put all the ingredients in a screw topped jar.
2.Shake well to blend. Check seasoning and adjust if necessary.
3.Dress the rice salad ingredients.