Serves 1 | 10 mins prep
- 1 egg
- 1 small head tender green lettuce
- 2 asparagus stalks
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 handful fresh parsley or corriander leaves, finely chopped
- 1 splash olive oil
- 1 two-inch piece of your chosen cheese. I used Derg Irish raw milk cheddar but feta or goats cheese also works very well.
- Salt & pepper
2.Arrange the leaves from your head of lettuce to make a nice nest on your plate.
3.Cut your raw asparagus stalks into one-inch pieces and scatter over the lettuce.
4.Whisk together the balsamic, lemon juice, honey and fresh herbs, then slowly add olive oil, whisking and adding until the dressing reaches your desired thickness.
5.Sprinkle the dressing over the salad, then crumble your chosen cheese on top and nestle in your egg quarters.
6. Finish with a sprinkling of salt and pepper.