This recipe has been given to us by Michael Kelly of GIY. Michael says... 'Here's a timely recipe that makes a centrepiece of the squashes that you've so lovingly grown over the season. I think this is tasty enough to serve by itself, perhaps with some warm crusty bread, cous cous or brown rice.'
Serves 4-6 | 30 mins prep
- 1/4 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- small red onion, thinly sliced
- Large handful baby spinach (chop if using large leaves)
- 1 small squash, peeled and cubed
Sprinkle the squash with some olive oil and then roast in a hot oven until tender and slightly browned - about 20 minutes.
Use a fork to mash together blue cheese and lemon juice in a large bowl to make a thick smooth dressing. Season with salt and pepper; set aside.
Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat.
Add the onions, salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden brown, about 5 minutes.
Add spinach and cook, tossing often, until slightly wilted and warm, 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer the contents of the pan to the bowl with the dressing, add the squash, salt and pepper and toss to combine.