Serves 4 | 30 mins prep | Marinate: 24 hrs
- 1 x lamb cannon
- For the marinade
- 2 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- ¼ tsp Maldon sea salt
- 3 black peppercorns
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- For the coriander and mint salsa
- ½ garlic clove, crushed
- 1 anchovy fillet, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 80ml extra virgin olive oil
- freshly cracked salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh coriander leaves
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh mint leaves
- Creamy mash and a selection of seasonal vegetables
To make the salsa, mash the crushed garlic and anchovy together and add the lemon zest and juice. Season and stir in the oil and fresh herbs.
Preheat oven to 160°C fan/180°C/gas 4.
To cook the lamb, preheat an ovenproof pan and lightly oil it, seal the lamb on all sides and then transfer it into the oven 15 minutes or until cooked through. Allow to rest for 5 minutes. Slice the lamb to desired thickness, and then serve.