"Warming, hearty and healthy, top with a little Velvet Cloud yoghurt under the pesto for even more smoothness."
- 2 leeks, washed and chopped
- 3 apples, cored and chopped
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 small onion or shallot, peeled and finely diced Knob of butter
- 1 bayleaf
- 1 litre water or Carol’s Vegetable or Chicken Stock
- Pure Food Company Spinach & Basil Pesto
- Velvet Cloud Irish Sheep’s Milk Yogurt Natural
Heat the butter in a large pan.
Sweat the leeks, onion or shallot for a few minutes until soft, without colouring them.
Add the potatoes, the bayleaf, stir through then pour in the water or vegetable or chicken stock. Bring to a simmer, cover, and leave to cook for 15 minutes or so.
Add the apples and cook for a further 5 minutes until everything is soft.
Blitz to smooth, season and serve with the pesto and/or some yoghurt to garnish.