This dish has been created by Kevin O'Toole (Chameleon Restaurant) & Sham Hanifa (The Cottage Restaurant) for the Theatre of Food at the Electric Picnic 2016 with ingredients from Ardkeen Quality Food Store.
- 4 Egg Whites
- 8oz Caster Sugar
- 1 can of Coconut Milk
- 4 Egg Yolk
- 3 oz of Caster Sugar
- 1 shot of Malibu
- 4 frozen Banana skin off
- 1 can of cold Coconut Milk (chilled)
- 2 tablespoon of Honey
- Zest of Lime juice (cold chilled)
Toasted Coconut Poached Meringue:
- Whisk in the egg white and then slowly add in sugar and whisk all till stiff peak.
- Poached the meringue in just boiling water.
- Tossed the poached meringue on toasted coconut.
Bring to boil the coconut milk, creamed the egg yolks & sugar together. Mix it all in saucepan and add in 1 shot of Malibu into it and wait till it reduced a little bit. For quick thicken add in tea spoon of corn flour.
Banana & Coconut Ice Cream
Add in frozen banana, honey, coconut milk, zest of lime juice in thermomix & blend it all until silky smooth and put in freezer and ready to serve.