- 2 eggs
- plus 1 extra yolk
- 225g Durrow Mills Sprouted Flour
- 1 dessertspoon sugar, pinch of salt
- 200ml buttermilk
- half teaspoon baking soda
- chocolate chips
- butter for frying
1. Whisk the eggs and extra yolk into the flour, add the sugar and salt and stir in the buttermilk along with the melted butter and baking powder and a little extra water if required. You are aiming for a consistency similar to whipped cream. Depending on your flour, you may need to add a little more or less water. Test by spooning a little batter into a lightly buttered frying pan, it should hold its shape well.
2. Heat a suitable pan and melt butter for frying. Pour in just enough batter depending on the size you require. Sprinkle chocolate chips on the wet batter. Cook for 1-2 minutes until bubbles appear on top. Flip over and cook on the other side until browned. As you cook them, keep the pancakes warm piled on a plate in a warm oven until ready to serve.
3. Alternatively omit the chocolate chips and serve with crispy streaky bacon and maple syrup.