Ardkeen Quality Food Store operates in a very competitive environment. Our customers are very discerning and well informed and they have many retail choices. That’s why we strive to do things better than our competitors, like sourcing better quality food products that can't be bought elsewhere and we work hard to deliver a better service to our customers. To continue to do this and compete effectively we need a great team, therefore we are always looking for new people to join us who share our commitment to high standards and innovation in food retailing.
We are a family business and our culture is different from our competitors. We are committed to helping every employee achieve their full potential.
We post vacancies here as they arise or you can connect with us on our social media platforms to be one of the first to know of any upcoming positions.
We are currently recruiting for positions at Ardkeen Artisan Food & Coffee at Shaws Department Store, which offers Waterford city centre customers the high-quality product curation and coffee expertise Ardkeen is renowned for.
Ardkeen Artisan Food & Coffee replicates our well established ‘Dunmore Road’ store barista coffee menu together with a selection of fresh, made-to-order breakfasts, sandwiches, wraps, and bowls made with the finest seasonal produce.
The store also features a broad range of small-batch Irish producers, made instore cakes and Artisan breads together with quality gourmet ingredients from further afield.
barista and customer assistant
Are you as passionate as we are in making fantastic coffee and providing great customer service?
• Previous experience in a customer service environment is an advantage.
• Full barista training will be provided.
• This is a position that is open to applications for full or part time hours, mostly daytime Monday to Sunday but also including some evenings
• Applicants should be hard working, outgoing, possess a positive attitude and a good eye for detail and willing and able to work in a busy environment.
• Excellent spoken and written English is a necessity.
• Some experience in working with food and HACCP knowledge desirable.
This role entails maintaining a very high standard of operation of Ardkeen Artisan Food & Coffee. Motivating, organising and leading the team to ensure the required standards of merchandising, food safety, customer service and food & coffee production are met and exceeded.
An understanding of the food retail business and a good knowledge of consumer food products, food trends and coffee.
• Some experience in achieving high standards in food preparation and food safety.
• Good organisational skills with keen attention to detail and ability to achieve high standards.
• Ability to work well in a team leadership role.
• Initiative, ability to prioritise workload and solve problems.
• Positive attitude and good communication skills
• Ability to deliver great customer service and to create an engaging and experiential retail
The position is full time and will involve working both day and evening hours, during the week and at weekends, altogether between 30-39 hours per week.
Pay for both positions will be commensurate with skill level and experience.
Please apply in writing and enclosing a current CV, to:
Mr. Val Lambe
Ardkeen Quality Food Store
or by email to; email@example.com
Closing date for applications is Sunday 30th May 2021