Ardkeen Quality Food Store operates in a very competitive environment. Our customers are very discerning and well informed and they have many retail choices. That’s why we strive to do things better than our competitors, like sourcing better quality food products that can't be bought elsewhere and we work hard to deliver a better service to our customers. To continue to do this and compete effectively we need a great team, therefore we are always looking for new people to join us who share our commitment to high standards and innovation in food retailing.
We are a family business and our culture is different from our competitors. We are committed to helping every employee achieve their full potential.
We post vacancies here as they arise or you can connect with us on our social media platforms to be one of the first to know of any upcoming positions.
We are seeking applications from enthusiastic and energetic people who would like to be part of our team delivering first class customer service in the following position:
baker [confectionary & cakes]
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
• Baking and cooking a wide range of products within our established range, specializing in cakes and confectionary.
• Ensuring each product is impeccably finished, packed and merchandised.
• Organizing production to maintain sufficient stock on sale at the appropriate time to meet customer demand.
• Maintaining the highest level of hygiene and food safety standards.
• Continuous product improvement and development of the baked goods range available to the customer
The successful applicant is also likely to have;
• A passion for and interest in good food.
• Experience in producing good food commercially.
• Ability to work in a busy environment as part of a team.
• Good working knowledge of Food Safety issues, including food labelling & allergens and the HACCP process.
• Excellent health and ability to fulfill a physically demanding role.
• Ability to work efficiently and on one’s own initiative.
A 20 -39-hour week is involved in this role and flexibility of attendance is required to ensure that customer demand is met on a seven-day basis. Some weekend and evening work is required.
Pay will be commensurate with skill level and experience.
Please apply in writing indicating the position you are applying for and enclosing a cover letter and current CV, to:
Mr. Brendan Condon
Food Production Manager
Ardkeen Quality Food Store, Dunmore Road, Waterford.
or by email to; firstname.lastname@example.org