Send to a friend
Just submit the form below to send Trish Deseines Leek Apple Potato Soup With Spinach And Basil Pesto to a friend.×
Trish Deseines Leek Apple Potato Soup With Spinach And Basil Pesto
2 leeks, washed and chopped
3 apples, cored and chopped
2 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped
1 small onion or shallot, peeled and finely diced Knob of butter
1 litre water or Carol’s Vegetable or Chicken Stock
1. Heat the butter in a large pan.
2. Sweat the leeks, onion or shallot for a few minutes until soft, without colouring them.
3. Add the potatoes, the bayleaf, stir through then pour in the water or vegetable or chicken stock. Bring to a simmer, cover, and leave to cook for 15 minutes or so.
4. Add the apples and cook for a further 5 minutes until everything is soft.
5. Blitz to smooth, season and serve with the pesto and/or some yoghurt to garnish.