Send to a friend
Just submit the form below to send Trish Deseines Lazy Retro Lasagne With Fancy Funghi Mushrooms Cream And Gar to a friend.×
Trish Deseines Lazy Retro Lasagne With Fancy Funghi Mushrooms Cream And Gar
Trish Deseine’s Lazy retro lasagne with Fancy Funghi mushrooms, cream and garlic
"I don’t think I could ever tire of a classic cream, garlic and white wine sauce. Particularly when the mushrooms are this good. (I call it lazy because there is no real assembly required before cooking.)"Print this Recipe Send to a friend Share
1 packet of Pasta Molano fresh lasagne slices
1 pack of mixed Fancy Funghi mushrooms
1 shallot, finely diced
A dash of white wine (about two tablespoons)
200ml fresh cream (single or double)
Salt and pepper
4 or 5 tablespoons good, creamy, mild cheddar, grated.
1. Very quickly rinse the mushrooms under the cold tap, shake them to dry then dab with some kitchen paper to finish off.
2. Chop roughly the bigger mushrooms – it’s nice to have different shapes and sizes.
3. Bring a pan of salted water to the boil to be ready for the pasta.
4. In a non stick pan, melt the butter and add the garlic and shallots.
5. Cook on a low to medium heat without browning until soft then add the mushrooms and turn up the heat slightly. Let them brown and sizzle with the shallot and garlic, stirring from time to time, until soft and golden.
6. Add the wine to the pan, stir everything well to allow the alcohol to evaporate, then pour in the cream and let the mushrooms cook a little more in the sauce.
7. Heat the grill to high.
8. Cook the lasagne, drain, and layer the sheets on two or three plates with the creamy mushrooms. Sprinkle the top with the cheese, pop under the grill until it is golden and bubbling, and serve the lasagne with a crisp green salad.