Send to a friend
Just submit the form below to send Trish Deseines Crispy Parmesan Brussel Sprouts to a friend.×
Trish Deseines Crispy Parmesan Brussel Sprouts
20 cooked or raw (topped) brussel sprouts
3 or 4 tablespoons panko crumbs
2 tablespoons grated parmesan
Salt and pepper
2 eggs, lightly beaten
2 or 3 tablespoons flour
For the sauce:
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
1 tablespoon lime juice
1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
1. If the sprouts are raw, steam or boil them until they are cooked but still a little firm in the centre and leave them to cool slightly. If you are using leftovers from the fridge, let them come up to room temperature before cooking.
2. Pre heat the oven to 180ºC.
3. Spread the flour on one plate, the parmesan and panko in another. Prepare a baking sheet lined with foil or a silicone baking mat.
4. Dip each sprout first in flour, then in egg, then roll it in the panko/parmesan mixture, pressing down lightly until covered and set on the sheet. This is messy! You’ll need to rinse off your sticky fingers from time to time.
5. When all the sprouts are coated, season lightly, roast them for around 15 minutes, giving them a shake after 7 or 8 minutes. Keep an eye on them as oven temperatures differ so much.
6. Whisk the sauce ingredients together and serve with the hot sprouts.