Send to a friend
Just submit the form below to send The Happy Pear One Pot Lasagne to a friend.×
The Happy Pear One Pot Lasagne
300g raw cashew nuts
150ml veg stock
1.5 tbsp vinegar/lime juice
3 tbsp nutritional yeast (optional)
Pinch black pepper
Optional but nice additions: ½ tsp onion powder and ½ tsp garlic powder
3 cloves garlic
½ red chilli
100ml red wine
5 sun-dried tomatoes
2 tins of chopped tomatoes
100g tomato puree
1 tbsp maple syrup
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp black pepper
· First step, soak the cashew nuts for the cream in 300 ml water for 30 mins.
· Preheat the oven to 180℃.
For the tomato sauce
· Peel and finely chop the garlic and onion, finely slice the mushrooms and the courgettes into thin half wheels. Chop the chilli finely removing the seeds if you prefer less heat, but include the seeds if you like it spicy. Lastly chop the sundried tomatoes very finely (easiest if you use a scissors).
· Get a large oven proof pot (no plastic/wooden handle) and put the heat on you hob to high. Put 2 tablespoons of oil together with the onion, garlic and the chilli and fry for 2 mins, stirring regularly until the garlic is going golden and the onions are going transparent. Now add the mushrooms and the courgettes and continue to fry for 5 mins stirring regularly.
· Next add the 100ml of red wine and allow to reduce for 2 mins. Then add the 2 tins of chopped tomatoes in together with the sun dried tomatoes, ½ tsp salt, maple syrup, black pepper and the tomato puree, bring to the boil and leave simmer for 10 minutes.
For the cashew cream
· Drain and rinse the soaked cashews. Add in all of the ingredients for the cashew cream in a blender and blend until really smooth.
· Now to layer up, remove half the tomato and veg mixture. Cover with a layer of lasagne sheets (break the sheets so that it forms an even layer), spoon on half of the cashew cheese and spread it the edges so that it is nice and even.
· Add back in the remaining tomato and veg mix and spread out evenly.
· Top with lasagne sheets as you did below (breaking sheets so that there are no sheets overlapping) and spoon on the remaining cashew cheese.
· Bake in the oven at 180℃ for 15 mins until the cashew cream starts to go solid.