Send to a friend
Just submit the form below to send Spiced Comeragh Mountain Lamb Burgers With Sweet Chilli Yoghurt Topping to a friend.×
Spiced Comeragh Mountain Lamb Burgers With Sweet Chilli Yoghurt Topping
1 ½lb/700g lean minced Comeragh Mountain Lamb
1 medium sized onion-finely diced
2 cloves garlic
1oz/25g grated Knockdrinna Brewers Gold Cheese
1 tablespoon Tastefully Yours Apple & Chilli Chutney
1 large egg
Freshly chopped parsley
Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
Rapeseed Oil for frying
Mixed Lettuce Leaves
Killowen Natural Yoghurt
Ciara’s Pantry Sweet Chilli Dressing
To make the burgers
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas Mark 4.
- Put the minced lamb into a large mixing bowl.
- Add in the finely diced onion and garlic.
- Mix in the breadcrumbs, cheese and chopped parsley together with the Apple and Chilli Chutney.
- Season the mixture with a little seasalt and freshly ground pepper.
- Add in the egg and mash the mixture together with your hands using the egg as a binding agent.
- Divide the mixture into 8 pieces and using a little plain flour shape them into your desired shapes about ½ inch thick.
- Heat the Rapeseed Oil in the pan and pan fry on either side for 2-3 minutes or until sealed evenly.
- Transfer the burgers to a baking sheet and put them into the preheated oven for 12-15 minutes until they are fully cooked.
- While the burgers are cooking, wash, dry and prepare the mixed lettuce leaves. Set aside.
- When you feel the burgers are cooked, cut one in the centre just to make sure they are cooked, as undercooked mince is a high risk product.
To make the Sweet Chilli Yoghurt Topping
- Mix 4 tablespoons of Killowen Natural Yoghurt with 2 tablespoons of Ciara's Pantry Sweet Chilli Dressing.
- Taste and adjust proportions according to your own preference.
- Serve in a Waterford Blaa (or if you can't get one, a burger bun will do!).
- Cut the blaa (or burger bun) in half. Place some lettuce leaves on the bottom half.
- Place the burger on top of the lettuce and top with the Sweet Chilli Yoghurt Topping.