Send to a friend
Just submit the form below to send Sadies Kitchen Beef Bourguignon to a friend.×
Sadies Kitchen Beef Bourguignon
Sadie’s Kitchen Beef Bourguignon
Scrumptious and elegant, Sadie’s Kitchen spin on the French classic, beef bourguignon, is the perfect dish to add to your repertoire this festive season. A big pot goes a long way when served with creamy mash potatoes for dinner, or delicious crusty bread at lunchtime. Perfect for a festive gathering, or just for a change from the traditional turkey and ham.
EnjoyPrint this Recipe Send to a friend Share
1 pack of Sadie’s Kitchen Boosting Beef Bone Broth
1 bottle of fruity, dry red wine
1 large white onion, chopped into thick chunks
4 large carrots, cut into large rounds
4 garlic cloves, crushed
1 bay leaf
A couple of sprigs of fresh thyme
2 tbsp olive oil
500g of pancetta, or thick cut bacon
10 – 12 small shallots
200g button mushrooms
2 tbsp flour
1kg of stewing beef
- Pre-heat the oven to 160C.
- Heat the wine in a pan, along with the onion, half the carrots and garlic, and the herbs. Bring to the boil and simmer until it has reduced by half.
- In a heavy-set casserole dish, heat the oil over a medium heat and fry the bacon. Once cooked, remove from dish and set aside.
- Add in the butter, along with the mushrooms and onions and sauté until the onions turn translucent. Then remove from the pan.
- Coat the beef lightly in flour and add to the pan in batches, turning the heat up.
- Strain the reduced wine into the pan and add in the beef bone broth.
- Add in the beef, mushrooms, shallots and remaining carrots and garlic
- Cover with a lid and pop it into the oven for 3 hours.
- Serve with creamy mash potatoes.