Send to a friend
Just submit the form below to send Pumpkin Fennel And Goats Cheese Galette By Julie Ward to a friend.×
Pumpkin Fennel And Goats Cheese Galette By Julie Ward
300g Pumpkin, Cored and Cut into Bitesize Chunks
1 Sheet Of ready-made Butter Puff Pastry Approx. 320g
A Grating of Nutmeg
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
2 Medium Onions, Thinly Sliced
1 Small Fennel Bulb
Some Chopped Nuts and Seeds
50g Goat’s Cheese Curd
1 Egg Beaten
Salt and Black Pepper
Heat oven to 180C/170C fan/gas 5.
- Peel and core the pumpkin and place in roasting tin. Dot 100g of the butter and the nutmeg grating over the squash. Season well and roast in the oven at 180C/350F/gas mark 4 for 30 minutes, turning the pieces over at least once during the cooking until tender and caramelised.
- Cut the fennel in half. Remove the bottom stalk. Cut into small wedges lengthways. Toss in a little olive oil and roast in the oven for 30 min at the same time as the pumpkin.
- Meanwhile, slow cook the onions gently in the remaining butter with a pinch of salt, until soft, but not coloured. Stir occasionally to avoid sticking. This should take about 20 minutes.
- Roll out the pastry into a rectangle. Trim the edges with a sharp knife (this will help with the rise of the layers). Score a 2cm border around the galette and prick the inside all over with the tines of a fork. Spread the cooked onions within the margin, and egg-wash the 2 cm border. Bake at 200C/400F/gas mark 6 for 15 minutes without opening the door.
- Reduce the temperature to 180C/350F/gas mark 4 and remove from the oven and arrange the pumpkin pieces on top of the inions and then the fennel and cheese on top. Scatter the nuts and seeds over the top.
- Move back to the oven for a further 10 minutes. Make sure the base has browned and that the galette is crisp all over.
- If making out of pumpkin season, substitute for the same quantity of onion squash.