Send to a friend
Just submit the form below to send Braised Chicken Thighs Tarragon Mousse Tomato Fanci Fungi Wild Mushroom And to a friend.×
Braised Chicken Thighs Tarragon Mousse Tomato Fanci Fungi Wild Mushroom And
4 Chicken Thighs
1 Chicken Fillet
20g of Tarragon
25 ml Pouring Cream
2 Tins of chopped Tomatoes
2 Tbsp Tomato Puree
50 ml White Wine
150g Gubeen Salami
200g Wild Mushrooms
1. Remove the bone from the chicken thigh with a sharp knife.
2. To make the mousse, slice the chicken fillet into strips and place in a food prossesor, add egg white, half the tarragon and cream. Blitz to make a smooth mousse, place into a piping bag.
3. Open out the chicken thighs and pipe equal amounts of filling into each one.
4. Using a piece of cling film roll the thighs very tightly into a cylinder and tie off the ends.
5. Place these thighs into a pot of simmering water, cover and cook for 20 mins.
6. Remove from water and cool down in a seperate bowl of ice water. Remove from cling film and pat dry.
7. Season the thighs with salt, pepper and some plain flour, this will help to thicken the sauce.
8. Heat some olive oil in a frying pan, seal the chickens until brown, remove from the pan into a clean casserole dish.
9. Using the same pan, sweat off the chopped onion, salami and wild mushroom . Deglaze the pan with the white wine, add the tomato puree, then the chopped tomatoes, finally the rest of the tarragon and oregano. Bring to the boil.
10. Pour the sauce over the chicken. Cover with tin foil and bake at 170 degrees celcius for 30 mins.
11. Carefully remove from the oven and serve immediately. Great served with, risotto, baked potato or even just some crusty bread.