Send to a friend
Just submit the form below to send Blackberry And Raw Milk Crema Catalana By Keith Boyle to a friend.×
Blackberry And Raw Milk Crema Catalana By Keith Boyle
4 Egg Yolks
300ml Raw Milk
2 Tbsp Vanilla Essence
1 Tbsp Cornflour
1 Cinnamon Stick
- In a large bowl, beat together eggs, sugar and cornflour.
- Warm together the milk, cream and vanilla until just below boiling.
- Add this to the egg and sugar mixture and mix well.
- Return to the pot and cook until it starts to coat the back of a wooden spoon, be very careful at this point as over cooking will result in scrambled eggs.
- Once ready pour into a clean bowl and add the cinnamon stick.
- Let to cool slightly.
- To assemble, place some fresh blackberries in the bottom of 4-6 ramikens depending on size.
- Remove cinnamon stick and pour custard into ramekins.
- Refrigerate until set.
- To serve, dust top with brown sugar, and using a blow torch or very hot grill, caramelize the sugar .