Send to a friend
Just submit the form below to send Andrew Rudd Oysters Rockefeller to a friend.×
Andrew Rudd Oysters Rockefeller
6 small Fresh Oysters
3 cloves of garlic
100g baby spinach (uncooked)
100ml white wine
100ml vegetable stock
35g breadcrumbs (equivalent to 1 slice)
1 tsp. chilli powder
1 tbsp. flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
Salt & pepper, to taste
1 lemon, cuts into wedges &tobacco sauce (for serving)
1. Preheat your grill
2. Shuck the oysters and remove the top shell. Place the oysters in a large saucepan with cream. Season with salt & pepper. Bring to heat and simmer gently for 1-2 minutes. Remove from the cream mixture and drain. Place the oysters on a baking tray with parchment paper.
3. Prepare the bread crumb topping by seasoning with salt & pepper, chilli powder, and fresh flat leaf parsley.
4. Sauté the shallots and garlic in the butter. Season with salt and pepper. Add the wine and stock. Cook at high heat, then reduce and simmer for 5 minutes. Add the spinach and cook for a further 1 minute. Remove from the heat.
5. Spoon enough of the shallot mixture into each of the oyster shells, covering the poached oyster. Sprinkle enough of the bread crump mixture to cover the shallot mixture.
6. Place under the grill for approximately 2 minutes or until browned.
7. Serve immediately with sliced lemon and tobacco sauce