Grow Cook Eat visits Grantstown Nurseries, Waterford
Tune into Grow Cook Eat tonight, 21st March at 7.30pm. Presented by Michael Kelly and Karen O’Donohoe of Grow it Yourself (GIY), the pair visit Grantstown Nurseries in Ballygunner, County Waterford.
Located just 3 miles from our store, David Currid of Grantstown Nurseries has been one of our most trusted suppliers for many years. It is a family business with a tradition in innovation and the highest horticultural practices. The Currid family has supplied Ardkeen Quality Food store with Tomatoes since 1979 from their one hectare of modern glasshouses.
Tomatoes destined for the Ardkeen customers are harvested daily and delivered with the minimum of food miles. Ardkeen Quality Food Store can guarantee superior freshness in its tomato selection. Customers have been tasting the difference over the years and keep coming back for more.
We can't wait to see all the behind the scenes work!
The ‘100% Irish Growers’ Box
This mixed fruit & veg delivery is exactly as described....100% Irish grown produce sourced from small-scale farmers.
By stocking Irish or better still, locally grown produce, which has not been stored and transported from afar, we can guarantee the superior freshness and quality, as well as the ultimate in tractability.
Our current '100% Irish Growers' Box contains a selection of 10 fresh seasonal produce:
- Golden Wonders 2kg [Glenmore, Kilkenny] Fergal Molloy
- Organic Jonagored Apple [Portlaw, Waterford] Richard Galvin
- Brussel Sprouts [Swords, Dublin]
- Carrots [Pilltown, Kilkenny]
- Organic Red Cabbage [Thorpe’s, NewRoss Co. Wexford]
- Fancy Fungi, Forest Mix Mushrooms [The George Family, Co. Wexford]
- Mooncoin Beetroot Heritage Beetroot [Helen Murphy, Mooncoin Co. Kilkenny]
- Barefoot Farm Mixed Salad leaf [Paul Ryan, Dunhill, Co.Waterford]
- Kale [Tom Cleary, Co. Wexford]
Our suppliers are small scale and occasionally the produce listed or shown in the photo may not be available, where this occurs we will substitute with items of similar quality and value.