Ardkeen Quality Food Store operates in a very competitive environment. Our customers are very discerning and well informed and they have many retail choices. That’s why we strive to do things better than our competitors, like sourcing better quality food products that can't be bought elsewhere and we work hard to deliver a better service to our customers. To continue to do this and compete effectively we need a great team, therefore we are always looking for new people to join us who share our commitment to high standards and innovation in food retailing.
We are a family business and our culture is different from our competitors. We are committed to helping every employee achieve their full potential.
We post vacancies here as they arise or you can connect with us on our social media platforms to be one of the first to know of any upcoming positions.
Ardkeen Quality Food Store invites applications for the position of:
Reporting to the General Manager, this person will work with the management team to ensure the smooth running of the business. He or she will work in all departments over a period of time in order to gain a thorough understanding of all aspects of the business.
This is an opportunity for someone who wants to learn about food retailing from a management perspective. The successful candidate will already know something about delivering excellent customer service and will have a desire to work in a customer-focused environment. They will need to have great energy and stamina, good communication skills (excellent spoken and written English is required) and be able to present themselves confidently. An interest in food and some experience in working in a food environment would be an advantage.
Some of the duties involved will include:
• Acting as Manager on Duty
• Dealing effectively with any queries or complaints from customers
• Playing a key role in ensuring that the store is properly merchandised and looking its best for our customers
• Planning and organising work to be done
• Opening / closing the store as required
• Checking and processing supplier deliveries
Note: This is a trainee position. Training will be given on the job and by attending selected courses and seminars. Study of course material will be expected.
It is our intention that the successful candidate would in time be capable of fulfilling the position of Assistant Manager.
Hours of work in this position should be entirely flexible.
A normal working week should be 39 -45 hours.
Pay will depend on the current ability and experience of the successful candidate and will increase as the person’s experience and ability grows.
To apply, write or email Colin Jephson explaining:
(1) why you would like this opportunity and (2) why you think you would make a great retail manager and please include a C.V.
Ardkeen Quality Food Store
The closing date for applications is Friday October 13th 2017
Applications are sought for the position of:
Senior Delicatessen Sales Assistant
We are looking someone with excellent communication skills and an enthusiasm for great customer service who is eager to take responsibility.
Experience in food handling and preparation in a in a customer service environment is required.
Responsibilities will include:
• Leading a team by example in preparing, presenting and selling fresh deli food products.
• Delivering excellent customer service at our Fresh Food Counters.
• Setting up and maintaining displays of fresh deli products.
• Implementing excellent standards of hygiene and food safety as per HACCP requirements
The successful applicants are likely to have:
• a passion for good food.
• experience in a leadership role.
• the ability to work well as part of a team in a busy environment.
• an understanding of the elements of good customer service.
• an ability to be thorough and consistent in their work.
• an enthusiasm to achieve results in a positive atmosphere.
This is a full-time position of 39 hrs./week, including early, late and weekend shifts.
An excellent command of spoken & written English is required.
Pay will be commensurate with skill level and experience.
Please apply in writing indicating which position you are applying for and enclosing a current CV, to:
Ardkeen Quality Food Store
or by email to; email@example.com
Closing date for applications is Wednesday 25th October 2017.