Ardkeen Quality Food Store operates in a very competitive environment. Our customers are very discerning and well informed and they have many retail choices. That’s why we strive to do things better than our competitors, like sourcing better quality food products that can't be bought elsewhere and we work hard to deliver a better service to our customers. To continue to do this and compete effectively we need a great team, therefore we are always looking for new people to join us who share our commitment to high standards and innovation in food retailing.
We are a family business and our culture is different from our competitors. We are committed to helping every employee achieve their full potential.
We post vacancies here as they arise or you can connect with us on our social media platforms to be one of the first to know of any upcoming positions.
We are seeking applications from enthusiastic and energetic people who would like to be part of our team delivering first class customer service in the following position:
fruit & veg chargehand
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
• Gaining and using a detailed knowledge of product range, seasonality and suppliers to offer a superior range in terms of quality and local provenance.
• Training, motivating and organising a small team.
• Selecting, pricing and ordering of stock to ensure best quality and maximum freshness and availability.
• Monitoring quality of deliveries
• Devising & implementing special offers and merchandising displays that enhance customers’ experience and drive sales.
• Ensuring quality and accuracy of consumer price information and noticing
• Achieving sales growth and strong margin performance through application of best retailing practices.
• Ensuring excellent hygiene and housekeeping standards in fruit and veg sales and storage areas are that food safety best practice is adhered to.
The successful applicant is also likely to have;
• relevant experience in retail and/or fresh produce
• an interest in good food and an understanding of fruit and veg production and seasonality.
• a good work ethic and a desire to achieve results in a team environment
• good general health and fitness as this is at times physically demanding role
• a desire to deliver to understand customer demands and deliver excellent customer service
• a basic proficiency in use of computers
• good attention to detail and an ability to create attractive displays
This is a full-time position approximately 39hrs/week.
Early morning starts will be required as well as some evening and weekend work.
Pay will be commensurate with skill level and experience.
Please apply in writing indicating the position you are applying for and enclosing a cover letter and current CV, to:
Mr. Val Lambe
Ardkeen Quality Food Store, Dunmore Road, Waterford.
or by email to; email@example.com